Wondering what the new kitchen design trends are on the horizon this year? Whether you plan to stay in your home for the foreseeable future or sell soon, everyone loves a remodeled kitchen. Here are a few of the top trends in updating your kitchen.
• Modern trumps traditional. I.e. simpler, with less detail and trim.
• Dark or white cabinets. Light wood finishes are less popular these days. Dark furniture-like stains and veneers help the kitchen blend with other rooms, especially with open floor plans and great rooms. Classic white is the other popular alternative.
• Moveable islands. Islands aren’t just for cooking anymore. They serve as snack stations, wine racks, breakfast bars and storage. Islands on wheels can be moved to help direct traffic flow when guests are present.
• Peek-a-boo appliances. Replacing the overt appearance of commercial-style kitchen appliances are faux finishes and veneers designed to hide the workhorse contraptions.
• Glass tile backsplashes. Also, clear glass panels to cover and protect painted walls. One-of-a-kind, hand painted tiles are also in vogue as wall accents.
• Open-air kitchens move the party outdoors for entertaining and every day.
• Granite countertops are finally giving way to a broader range of alternatives. Look for porcelain tile to emerge as a versatile, durable and easy-to-maintain option. Porcelain tile is a molded, fired product that mocks the look of stone, metal, terracotta and more. Most porcelain tile is appropriate for both walls and floors.
• Eye-catchers. If you wan to add a little extra style to your kitchen space, consider a deep, stone sink, high-tech faucet, stylish hood vent or ventless fireplace.
• For more great ideas go to: www.houselogic.com