Property Tax Exemptions Available for Seniors and the Disabled
Did you know that Washington State law provides two tax benefit programs for senior citizens and the disabled? The two programs are: 1) property tax exemptions, and 2) property tax deferrals.
More than 26,000 eligible tax payers have not applied for these benefits. Are you one of them?
- Annual household income of $35,000 or less
- Own and occupy a house, mobile home, condo or co-op,
- 61 years of age by December 31 of the previous year, or
- Retired because of physical disability or
- Veteran with a 100% service-connected disability
- You are a widow, or widower, or state registered domestic partner at least 57 years of age whose spouse or state registered domestic partner had an exemption at the time of death
Here is the website that gives you all the details about how to register and receive these valuable financial benefits: http://www.kingcounty.gov/Assessor/TaxpayerAssistance/TaxRelief.aspx